Blissfully situated on a lush clifftop promontory in an exquisite island destination, our portfolio of ultra-luxury residencies is open for investment opportunities for a very limited time. These properties are conceptualized by a celebrated design studio and constructed in harmony with nature.
Position forConstruction Manager
We are looking for an experienced Construction Manager to supervise the execution of construction projects, ensuring readiness of unit personnel, equipment, and material while reporting directly to the Construction Project Head. (Candidate with Military background is preferred but not required).
- Managing the project staff and all assigned project personnel (regular or project hire), ensuring that manpower needs are properly identified, allocated with adequate resources and efficiently deployed and utilized to meet the project requirements.
- Ensuring that all works and activities are executed accurately, efficiently, on time and in accordance with Company procedures and processes. Conduct proper induction or training on the company’s Business Management System and approve/update the Project Management Manual as appropriate.
- Promoting and ensuring that the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values are understood and implemented throughout the project organization.
- Executing the Project according to the tender methodology or such other approved company processes. Obtain timely approvals on all matters as required by the Company procedures. Ensures that the Project is completed on time, and within budget/tender margin or better.
- Motivating and challenging the Project team and Vendors/Subcontractors to complete the Project satisfactorily at the earliest possible date and with the required safety and quality standards. Ensuring that commensurate incentives are provided where appropriate.
- Conducting regular Site Meetings:
- Weekly Project Staff meeting
- Weekly Vendors/Subcontractors or as often as necessary to discuss project service and supply issues
- Weekly Client meeting or as per the Client or his/her representative schedule to discuss project progress, variations work coordination, site activities and other related issues.
- Developing and monitoring project KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator’s) to ensure that all critical activities are tracked and measured. Initiate recovery program as appropriate and maintain plans and forecast schedules up to date.
- Managing and controlling Project costs within budgeted allowances. Ensure that materials inventory, wastage and scraps are kept within acceptable or minimum levels. Safeguard company assets from loss, damage or theft.
- Managing project cash flow and controlling expenses. Ensure that Vendor/Subcontractor advances are minimized and Client payments are maximized.
- Applying Value engineering and pro-actively seeking innovative means to improve Project completion time and/or commercial/financial result.
- Developing good business relationships with the Client and other stakeholders at the local community and identifying, wherever possible, other Project opportunities and risks. Recommend appropriate action to protect the company’s business interest.
- Monitoring and assisting the Project Staff to ensure the timely and satisfactory closure of commercial issues with the Client and/or his/her representative.
- Ensuring that Vendors and Subcontractors are properly assessed and qualified before engaging their services. Actively participate in Vendor Pre-Order meetings and in completing Vendor Performance Reports for the Project.
- Ensuring that all Non-Compliance Report (NCR) or Corrective Action Report (CAR) / Preventive Action Report (PAR), either internal or external are properly and effectively addressed. Expedite close-out of Punchlist, defects and response to Client complaints.
- Ensuring that critical site operations are covered by written method statements and/or calculation to prove safe working practice. Orient / train concerned Project staff and workers on these methods and processes.
- Controlling and minimizing labour overtime. Ensure that HR implements proper timekeeping and recording. Maintain a work atmosphere conducive to productive and efficient operations.
- Ensuring that materials, supplies and services required are procured and delivered on time, within budget and the appropriate quantity based on plan and work schedule.
- Ensuring that the AFC drawings are immediately reviewed and analyzed against the tender drawings / quantities.
- Ensuring that Drawing, Design or Data errors provided by the Client or his/her representatives are notified in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that all Project reports are accurate issued on time and prepared in accordance with the Company procedures and processes.
- Ensuring that all Project correspondences or communications to the Client, his/her representative or Vendors/Subcontractors are made in accordance with procedures, processes and reviewed or approved at appropriate levels before release.
- Leading the monthly Operations reviews for his/her project. Liaising with concerned HO Department in the conduct of any Project audit.
- Reviewing Vendor payment certificates to ensure timely and appropriate deductions are made on back-charges, quality issues, defects, non- deliverables or other defaults.
- Continuously monitoring and improving where necessary Project safety and quality efficiencies.
- Undertaking any further duties which the Operations Head may reasonably require in relation to Project Management.
- Formal and effective delegation of some of the above tasks to qualified and appropriate project management staff.
Education, Skills and Work Experience
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s/ College Degree, ideally with Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/professional License Exam) in Engineering (Civil) or equivalent.
- Required language(s): Proficient in English.
- At least 10 Years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate with Military background is preferred but not required.
Send your C.V and cover letter by filling out the form and our HR department will contact you.Back to careers
The El Nido Beach Investment Report 2023
Learn more about market forecasts & exciting opportunities to enjoy invaluable financial benefits with special privileges in Southeast Asia's fastest growing tourism industry.